THIS IS A SUMMARY OF THE STEPS WE HAVE INTRODUCED AT THE OLD POSTHOUSE B&B TO ADDRESS THE RISKS POSED BY COVID-19
Like other B&Bs and guest accommodation in the area, we have made changes to the way we operate as a result of carrying out a Covid-19 risk assessment. In relation to this, we have been given the “We’re Good to Go” Industry Standard certificate and the AA Covid Confident accreditation.
We will send an email shortly before you arrive advising you in more details of the steps that we take and what steps we will be asking you to take to ensure your safety as well as the safety of others, including ourselves.
The main changes we have made are:
- Our check in time is between 5.00 pm and 10.00pm. We may not be able to allow check-in before 5.00 pm as we must ensure all rooms and public areas are cleansed and made safe in accordance with guidelines issued by the Government and other bodies to address the risk of Covid-19 being brought into our premises and to prevent it being transmitted.
- Hand sanitiser is available in each Bedroom and outside the Bedrooms, as well as in the entrance hall of the B&B, on the Reception Desk and in your allocated dining area.
- The dining arrangements have been re-designed – there is a separate table for each bedroom – one table is on its own in the Snug and the other 2 tables are in the Dining Room and have been spaced over 2 metres apart.
- The Dining Room and Snug are now only used for eating in.
- Although we offer the same breakfast options, the buffet section of our breakfast offering has been removed and instead we will bring your choices to your table. This may mean we have to ask you to come down for breakfast at a specific time.
- Where possible, we will take payment on or before arrival – to reduce handling of the card machine.
- We will continue to welcome Guests personally but respecting social distancing requirements.
- Only if you are staying more than 3 days will we be offering to change your bedding or towels, or to hoover and dust your bedroom during your stay. Whilst Guests are out, if agreed, we will disinfect those parts of the room regarded as key touch points, empty bins and provide fresh cups and glasses, along with some fresh water and milk in its own thermos for your room.
We hope this will give you peace of mind and will reassure you that we are doing everything we can to ensure you can relax and enjoy your stay, alongside these new requirements.
If you are at all concerned or have any special health issues, please call us directly before making a booking so that we can talk you through:
- what we are asking our guests to do; and
- what steps we have taken and will be taking
to ensure that we all keep safe.
If you wish to book all our rooms for you and your family to have exclusive access to the B&B accommodation, then please call direct. This will ensure we can reserve the most suitable dates for you. Group bookings of the three rooms will mean that you and your party will be the sole guests staying.